Our Pickwick, always at his post…

...inspired by Dickens' “Pickwick Papers.”

This blog is dedicated mostly to the posting of essays, stories and musings, in order for me to improve my skills as a writer.

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Matchmaker, matchmaker


This past Sunday I saw Topol in the "Fiddler on the Roof" goodbye tour. The music was amazing, oh and the story! It was a wonderful. Afterward I was inspired to write this poem...I hope you all like it.

“Matchmaker, Matchmaker,

Send me a man of good character,

A strong leader,
In good times and bad.
A man who loves the Lord (above all else),
Yes, that would make me glad.

If he were gentle and kind,
And passionate in faith.
I hope one day I’ll find,
He’ll love me always.

And by heavens design,
Be forever true.”

~Brianna Anderson



♪So bring me no ring, groom me no groom, find me no find, catch me no catch, unless he's a matchless match♫

2 comments: