Our Pickwick, always at his post…

...inspired by Dickens' “Pickwick Papers.”

This blog is dedicated mostly to the posting of essays, stories and musings, in order for me to improve my skills as a writer.

Monday, September 7, 2009

Music in the Park

Tonight the Spokane Symphony played in the park. Our family packed up a few blankets and treats and sat amongst a couple hundred people gathered to hear the orchestra. As the familiar notes rose in the air I closed my eyes as the music flowed around me. I love classical music because it tells a story even without words. Each note has something to say. Each instrument adds its own voice to the song. I love watching the musicians faces as they close their eyes, giving themselves up to the music. Others stare hard in concentration at the intricate sheet music in front of them. The conductor of course is the best because he is so passionate. The conductor seemed more and more out of breath as he introduced each song before it was played. All in all it was a most pleasant evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment