Our Pickwick, always at his post…

...inspired by Dickens' “Pickwick Papers.”

This blog is dedicated mostly to the posting of essays, stories and musings, in order for me to improve my skills as a writer.

Monday, June 13, 2011


Learning to Forget
by Brianna Anderson

Your presence still lingers, a lost limb,
the scar scratches.
You killed what meant most to me.
Didn't know you'd change your mind,
that's now how it’s supposed to be.
You’re my missing puzzle piece.
Now you’ve left me here alone
picking up the pieces, scattered on the floor.
We don’t fit together anymore.

I’m learning to forget, everything you said.
Something greater than you or I
has to put the pieces back together.

He must be your all
before you give a piece of yourself away,
for those you love.
But don’t lose sight of what is true.

Eyes fixed on heaven, all I desire.
Fills my heart with joy
Lord make me whole!


This poem was inspired by various conversations I’ve had with friends about breakups and my friend with the crying heart tattoo ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment