Our Pickwick, always at his post…

...inspired by Dickens' “Pickwick Papers.”

This blog is dedicated mostly to the posting of essays, stories and musings, in order for me to improve my skills as a writer.

Thursday, July 7, 2011


Happy is just an emotion
by Brianna Anderson

Joy. There’s nothing else like it.
It’s something we fight for
and never completely loose.
When your feelings are in an uproar,
joy sometimes gets caught on the emotional rollercoaster
and rides alongside depression and anger.
But when it gets off at its destination,
you find it again, in a higher sphere far above.

Happy is just an emotion,
that changes color quicker than a moodring’s touch can sensor.
Joy is an attitude pursued;
coming from something outside of this inward feud.
I am filled with joy when I am nearest to Him,
just as I feel the heat of the sun the closer I stand next to its rays.

Although troubles surround them, birds sing best in their cages.
giving praises to the glory of our brightest days;
the comfort of our nights.

We too can do the same.
Our souls will rise to see the light.

*I was inspired to write this after reading Charles Spurgeon's "Morning and Evening" devotions
http://www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/morningandevening/morning-and-evening-7-or-2-am-551320.html

No comments:

Post a Comment